Professor and Specialist, Dairy Engineering and Technology
- Food Science and Technology
D. Sc. Technion (Israel Institute of Technology), 1985
Dr. Rosenberg investigates the physico-chemical, functional and microencapsulating properties of proteins, lipids and carbohydrates. Using the basic and applicable information that is derived from this research, he develops platforms and devices (microcapsules, composite gels, emulsions, etc.) for effective delivery of nutrients and bio-active compounds in food and related applications. Dr. Rosenberg’s research develops a better understanding regarding the physico-chemical principals that govern milk processability, functionality of milk constituents and the evolution of quality attributes of cheese and other dairy products. Dr. Rosenberg’s research program addresses current challenges pertinent to Food Forensics. He investigates and develops new approaches and analytical methodologies that allow authentication of foods and agricultural products as well as their regional origin. Yet additionally, Dr. Rosenberg’s research develops applications for the concept of biorefineries in food processing as an effective means to address challenges pertaining to food security and waste generation in food processing.
- Moshe Rosenberg, Yael Rosenberg and Jing Zhang. (2018). Microencapsulation of a model oil in wall system consisting of WHPI and lactose. Appl. Sci. 8(10): 1944.
- Jing Zhang, Yael Rosenberg, Moshe Rosenberg. 2018. Microencapsulation properties of wall systems consisting of WHPI and carbohydrates. AIMS Agriculture and Food 3(1): 66-84.
- Javier A. Dávila, Moshe Rosenberg, Eulogio Castro c, Carlos A. Cardona. 2017. A model biorefinery for avocado (Persea americana mill.) processing. Bioresource Technology 243: 17–29
- Javier A. Dávila, Moshe Rosenberg, Carlos A. Cardona. 2017. A biorefinery for efficient processing and utilization of spent pulp of Colombian Andes Berry (Rubus glaucus Benth.): Experimental, techno-economic and environmental assessment. Bioresource Technology 223: 227–236
- González, J. Moncada, A. Idarraga, M. Rosenberg, C. A.Cardona (2016). Potential of theamazonian exotic fruit for biorefineries: The Theobroma bicolor(Makambo)case. Industrial Crops and Products 86:58–67.
- M. Rosenberg, Y. Rosenberg and L. Frenkel. 2016. Microencapsulation of model oil in wall matrices consisting of SPI and maltodextrins. AIMS Agriculture and Food, 1, 33-51.
- Javier A. Dávila, Moshe Rosenberg, Carlos A. Cardona, 2016. A biorefinery approach for the production of xylitol, ethanol and polyhydroxybutirate from brewer’s spent grain. AIMS Agriculture and Food, 1(1): 52-66.
- J. A. Weinstein, S. J. Taylor, M. Rosenberg and E. J. DePeters, 2015, Whey protein gel composites in the diet of goats increased the omega-3 and omega-6 content of milk fat. J. Anim. Physiol. Anim. Nutr. DOI: 10.1111/jpn.12374.
- Javier Andres Davila, Moshe Rosenberg and Carlos Ariel Cardona (2015). Techno-economic and environmental assessment of P-Cymene and pectin production from orange peel. Waste and Biomass Valorization. 6(2): 253-261.
- Javier A. Dávila, Valentina Hernandez, Moshe Rosenberg, Carlos A. Cardona (2014). Design of Processes for Supercritical Extraction and Microencapsulation of Antioxidants from Fruits IN: Jane Osborne (Ed) Handbook on Supercritical Fluids: Fundamentals, Properties and Applications. Nova Science Publishers.
- Sivan Isaschar-Ovdat a, Moshe Rosenberg b, Uri Lesmes a, Ayelet Fishman. (2014). Characterization of oil-in-water emulsion stabilized by tyrosinase-crosslinked soy glycinin. Food Hydrocolloids, 43: 493–500.
- Thelma Egan, Jean-Christophe Jacquier, Yael Rosenberg, Moshe Rosenberg. (2013). Cold-set whey protein microgels containing immobilised lipid phases to modulate matrix digestion and release of a water-soluble bioactive. J. Microencapsulation Early Online: 1–9.
- Oztop, M.H., McCarthy, K.L., McCarthy, M.J. Rosenberg, M. 2013. Monitoring the effects of divalent ions (Mn+2 and Ca+2) in heat-set whey protein gels. LWT - Food Science and Technology xxx (2013) 1-8L
- Thelma Egan, Jean-Christophe Jacquier, Yael Rosenberg, Moshe Rosenberg, (2012). Cold-set whey protein microgels for the stable immobilization of lipids. Food Hydrocolloids 31 (2013) 317-324.
- Mecit H. Oztop, Kathryn L. McCarthy, Michael J. McCarthy, Moshe Rosenberg (2012). Uptake of Divalent Ions (Mn+2 and Ca+2) by Heat-Set Whey Protein Gels. Journal of Food Science Volume 77, Issue 2, pages E68–E73.
- Mecit H. Oztop, Moshe Rosenberg, Yael Rosenberg, Kathryn L. McCarthy, and Michael J. McCarthy. 2010. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Relaxation Spectrum Analysis as Methods to Investigate Swelling in Whey Protein Gels. J. Food Sci. 75(8):E508-515.
- Rosenberg M. and Edwards J. DePeters 2010. Method and compositions for preparing and delivering rumen protected lipids, other nutrients and medicaments. Us. Patent 7,700,127 B2.
- Ladislava van den Berg, Yael Rosenberg, Martinus A.J.S. van Boekel, Moshe Rosenberg and Fred van de Velde. 2009. Microstructural features of composite whey protein /polysaccharide gels characterized at different length scales. Food Hydrocolloids. 23:5, 1288-1298.
Extension of Knowledge
FST 119 – Dairy Chemistry and Technology
FST 219 – Cheeses of the World: Biochemical, Microbiological and Technological Aspects
FRS 002 – Freshman Seminar: Life After Cheddar
FOR 298 – Food Forensics